As a Restaurant Manager you will lead the operations of a specific outlet. Your key duties and responsibilities will be to ensure profitable operations, achieve departmental budget goals, accurately forecast business demands, work with management to develop & execute the marketing plan, ensure the manning schedule is up to date, execute team member performance reviews, oversee regular preventative maintenance, maintain outlet safety and sanitation standards, and lead by example through a ‘hands on’ approach to motivate team members to excel. You will also identify any training needs, and develop and deliver the required training for managers and supervisors in an effective coaching/ counselling/correction process
As a Restaurant Manager, you are responsible for managing restaurant operations to deliver an excellent guest experience. A Restaurant Manager will also be required to manage, train, and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage Restaurant operations.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Restaurant team.
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food.
- Develop menus with other members of Food and Beverage team.
- Accountable for monthly stock takes.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
You will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills for diplomatically handling staff and guests.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters.
- All MS office programs and POS software understanding.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Teamworking skills to be able to lead a team and be part of it.
- Min. 3-5 years of operational experience within the F&B and hospitality environment in managerial level.
- Preopening experience is an advantage.