Waiter / Waitress
Full job details
The Waiter/Waitress is responsible for serving food and beverage to guests during an assigned shift in a courteous, professional manner according to proper service standards as set by Kempinski.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Positive, cheerful and committed individual who is keen to make a real difference.
- We need those who live with a passion to serve others wholeheartedly.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders.
- Serves guests their food and beverage in prompt, courteous manner as per the standard sequence of service.
- Sets tables as per Outlet standards prior to guests’ arrival.
- Up-sell or promote all specials advertised in the outlet as well promoting slow moving items. To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- knowledgeable of all ingredients and prices of the food and beverage listed on the menu.
- Acquires a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- Ability to rotate throughout each of the food & beverage outlets
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Waiter/Waitress in a similar environment.
- Good knowledge of wine, beverage, cocktail is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic and flexible
- Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demand
- Knowledge of cashier operations (MICROS) (not critically essential)
- Knowledge of hotel business operations
We want to hear from you.