Our company requires Lounge Manager to oversees all aspects of the Lounge operations in accordance with the Company strategy, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and staff development within established quality standards. Direct, control and co-ordinate all activities ensuring the lounge meets its financial and guest satisfaction objectives.
Must perform each essential duty and responsibility as listed below in a safe and satisfactory manner, whilst being customer and stakeholders focused.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Maintains a high and visible profile on the day to day lounge operations by being on the floor during peak service hours and checking every area.
- Directs and controls all lounge operations to ensure that all operational matters are handled on time and that guest expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manages the Bar Team.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the lounge team by guiding them with their duties and responsibilities.
- Oversees and prepares the operational standards of the lounge ensuring that they are properly in place and followed.
- Liaises with kitchen, bar team, restaurant, administration and engineer to ensure that the lounge operation runs smoothly in areas of joint responsibility.
- Assists in the planning and execution of lounge and lounge promotional activities.
- Assists in monitoring and controlling the F&B and lounge inventory and participate in inventory taking.
- Conducts frequent checks ensuring mis-en- place, service procedures, standards of cleanliness and hygiene, repair and maintenance, staff grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensures efficient administration preparing and submitting reports on time as directed.
- Trains and evaluates staff competencies.
- Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the lounge by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues & guests.
- Makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to management for the general improvement of the lounge and lounge operation.
- Is fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language.
- Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of R’s is represented.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops staff
- To ensure that staff are pursuing wine and beverage sales in the lounge actively and that the revenues forecasted for this area of the operation are met.
- To oversee that all existing beverage standard operating procedures are in place, adhered to and being followed throughout the lounge.
- To ensures that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following R’s policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and recording of all beverage sales while ensuring that the pouring measures are being followed according to operating standards.
- To stay current with trends in the industry and to create creative cocktail, drink and food promotions.
- Is responsible for the training and education of all those involved in sales and service of beverage products. This includes arranging outside consultants and suppliers who provide beverage and wine training.
- To establish proper communication with Purchasing and Financial Controller to assure that all the items on the Bar Menus, Cigar Menus and Wine List and in stores are available
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all lounge and bar equipment and for the cleanliness of all bars, lounges, pantries and lockers.
- Maximizes revenue in the lounge by implementing up-selling procedures and training staff on up selling.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the lounge and controlling costs and expenses.
- To strive to meet the target cost of sales for the operation as determined by the lounge budgets.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of the local law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in F&B Lounge operations, in a Managerial position.
- Be able to speak, read and write English. Additional languages will be preferred.
- English – proficiency in spoken and written English
- Arabic – preferred
- Additional languages – preferred
54 hours/week exclusive of meal breaks, 6 days/week. Work schedule depends upon the volume of business.
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.