As a member of the Spa team at The Pink Sands Club, the Yoga Instructor provides an environment that fosters the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues. We invite you to bring your passion for physical activity to our Spa facility as a Yoga Instructor and share your enthusiasm with our members and guests in support of a healthy lifestyle! The Yoga Instructor is primarily responsible for assisting guest in the use of all recreational activities, fitness equipment and help with the designing and implementation of activities programs.
Reporting to the Spa Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops safe, professional and comprehensive Yoga training programs to ensure guests are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitors and instructs guest during Yoga training sessions by educating on correct form and alternative poses
- Provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to guest needs and concerns
- Effectively discusses and explains different forms of Yoga
- Cleans and organizes the studio after each class
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Supervise recreation activities, answering phones and sales.
- Comprehensive understanding of current health and fitness standards and principles
- Specialise in fields such as Group Yoga lesson, private yoga lessons, yoga retreat program, and Physical readiness for yoga.
- Complete knowledge of the Yoga Asans, Breathing or pranayama, Meditation, deep relaxation, holistic medicine, Stress management, Mudras and Bandhas
- At least 3 year group/individual exercise teaching experience
- Current CPR certification
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology and the effects of exercise on the body.
- Basic nutrition knowledge.
- Must possess good teaching and communication skills.