Our company requires restaurant manager to oversees all aspects of the Operations in accordance with the Company strategy, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for the discipline of all Hospitality staff in the restaurant. Manages the day to day operations and oversees the floor activities.
Must perform each essential duty and responsibility as listed below in a safe and satisfactory manner, whilst being customer and stakeholders focused.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Direct, control and co-ordinate all restaurant activities ensuring the restaurant meets it’s financial and guest/staff satisfaction objectives.
- Maintains a high and visible profile on the day to day operations by being on the floor during peak service hours and checking and getting involved hands on every aspect of the business.
- Direct and control all restaurant staff to ensure that all operational matters are handled on time and that guest expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the restaurant staff helping them with their duties and responsibilities.
- Interact with guests and put in place guest profile, preferences, likes/dislikes etc. with the assistance of the floor team and CRM team.
- Oversee and prepare the operational standards of the restaurant ensuring that they are properly followed.
- Liaise with kitchen, stewarding, bars, reservations, maintenance and lounge to ensure that the operation runs smoothly in areas of joint responsibility.
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional activities.
- Maximize revenue in the restaurant by implementing up-selling procedures and training staff on up selling.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the restaurant, controlling costs and expenses.
- Monitor and control the fire safety and the fire safety training of all food and beverage hosts.
- Assist in monitoring and controlling the Food and Beverage, OSE inventory and participate in inventory taking.
- Ensure enough manpower is scheduled on every duty by drafting and/or checking time, attendance and productivity.
- Conduct frequent Front and Heart of house checks ensuring mis-en- place, service procedures, standards of cleanliness and hygiene, repair and maintenance, host grooming and manning levels are in order and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure efficient administration preparing and submitting reports on time as directed.
- Select, train and evaluate staff.
- Contribute to the morale and team spirit of the venue by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
- Performs additional duties as directed by your General Manager (direct supervisors).
- Make appropriate suggestions and recommendations to management for the general improvement of the venue.
- Is fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language.
- Polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the venue is represented.
- Attend meetings and training.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of the local law.
- Interact with guests actively soliciting feedback.
- Coach, counsel, discipline and develop staff.
- Contribute to the profitability of R’s by increasing sales and generating new revenue ideas.
- Develop short-term and long-term financial and operational goals for the department, which supports the overall objectives of restaurant.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and control costs.
- Control personnel costs according to the budget.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget.
Skills & Qualifications :
- Degree in Hospitality Management.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in F&B Operations, in similar position.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
54 hours/week exclusive of meal breaks, 6 days/week. Work schedule depends upon the volume of business.
- English – proficiency in spoken and written English
- Arabic – Must
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
- Additional languages – preferred