Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- To enhance and establish strong smooth operation of the department by ensuring all aspects of housekeeping are fulfilled for the customers and the team members in the most cost effective manner.
- Ensure all the guest rooms and the hotel public areas are spotless and hazard free by liaising with managers and floor supervisor. Monitor day to day operations and the allocation for the department attendants and ensure the productivity is closely monitored by managing team member leaves and off days according to the operational requirements.
- Ensure all the Training required for the department is planned and schedule by liaising with managers and floor Supervisor. All SOP’s are up to date according to the company policy.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper with the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- In the absence of EHK represent the department and attend the meetings held by the Management.
Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management specializing in Housekeeping, or related professional area. Minimum 2 years of working experience in the similar or managerial position at hotel or resort.
Length and type of experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the area.
- We are seeking professional who have preferably gained resort location experience.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- An outgoing and cheerful personality. A diplomatic and polite manner.
- Customer service and Communication and listening skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Decision-making, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- A smart and well groomed appearance (I have to look really smart at all times!)
- The ability to deal with difficult situations and sensitive issues.
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- The ability to keep confidentiality and privacy.
- Fluency in English and ideally knowledge of a foreign language.
- Telephone manners. Computer literacy is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.