Materials - Buyer
Full job details
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Materials professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Buyer you are responsible for procuring according to set procedures all daily system allocated and authorized purchase requests whether storeroom or direct items to the best interest of the property, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Check the system daily and complete all administrative procedures concerning allocated received requests and orders
• Check queries and request clarifications or any concerns regarding received purchase requests data, description, units, quantities and specifications
• Request and negotiate best price quotations, ensuring best quality for all received orders and forward same for approval, while ensuring the best delivery schedule
• Handle timely the daily market list, allocating orders, checking new items included for price and availability, ensuring approvals for onward vendor order confirmation
• Check and ensure that all approved and authorized purchase orders are timely forwarded (faxed or delivered) to the concerned vendors
• Verify and follow up on all pending orders (approved and under approval) through system reports and / or by reporting any concerns
• Investigate and clarify price, quantity and quality discrepancies with the approved order being reported upon delivery by the vendors
• Review and update all personally entered (locked) price quotations, quote validity and supplier’s data in the system.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree with previous experiences in stores, purchasing and receiving, preferable within a hotel environment. Good Command of English communication skills and computer literacy are essential, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, pragmatic thinker with the ability to process information and merchandise through computer systems. You are able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair, consistent set of standards. You are proactive and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results