Telephone Operator - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
The Telephone Operator
The Telephone Operator is responsible for answering the phone and dealing with the requirements and questions of guests in the way that is up to the hotel standards.
- Answering all incoming calls timely and according to the company’s telephone etiquette.
- Direct calls to guests, staff or other departments through the switch board.
- Place outgoing calls.
- Takes messages for guests and delivers the same to guests.
- Knows what is required when an emergency call has to be made.
- Is aware of health and safety regulations in the hotel.
- Keep track of the wake-up calls and performs wake-up call services.
- Helps guests with information about the services in the hotel.
- Always is polite and courteous on the phone.
- Trains new associates in the department.
- Performs paging services to associates and guests if applicable.
- Set up of conference calls if required.
- Takes incoming room service calls when necessary and is knowledgeable about the menu.
- Update information about reservations to the departments or in the systems.
- Helps with other administrative tasks.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous hospitality experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure