Commis 1 - All Day Dining
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1025 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
In this role commis should learn by practice, observance and study the work and responsibilities of a Commis 1 and through that medium, the culinary skills of the kitchen and any other assignment given by the management, if and when required. It is mandatory to be vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP and Hygiene standard. Works in the various departments and sections, learning the different culinary skills and when sufficiently advanced, shares the work load of more senior cooks.
1. Learns through daily practice, observance and study the various culinary skill
2. Works in assigned section in the Banqueting kitchen or in the Arabic section in Olea, following orders given by his superiors
3. Attends training classes as per scheduled training plan
4. Learns by practice and by observing the work at a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and keeps food and fuel waste to a minimum.
5. Learns the hotel’s fire and safety precautions and how to operate the kitchen firefighting equipment
6. Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift.
7. Attend the daily briefing and know the daily functions in the Banqueting.
8. Should know to fill all the HACCP forms in a regular basis.
9. Ensures that refrigerators walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards
10. Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes, responsibility for the section.
- 5 Star hotel experience
- Should be able to read, write and communicate in English
- EFST Certification