Chef De Partie - Turquoiz Restaurant
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
To prepare, cook and present dishes of his assigned section in accordance to established methods and standards. To work in liaison with the other sections and to assist in training of Demi chef de parties, Commis, Apprentices & Trainees assigned to the section, and any other assignment given by the management, if and when required. It is mandatory to be vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP.
• Supervises preparation and presentation of all items in assigned section as per established standards
• Shares responsibility with Sous Chefs for the supervision and training of all Demi Chef de parties / Commis / Apprentices / Trainees
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used and their appropriate storage as per established standards
• Co-operates with all other sections at all times, supports other sections if and when necessary and / or takes appropriate action to ensure support is given
• Liaises if and when necessary with restaurant supervisors / managers, regarding replenishment of buffets, shortage of a la carte items and special requirements of customers
• Reports any equipment requiring repairs and maintenance to his supervisor
• Attends departmental meetings and briefings as and when scheduled
• Attends training sessions as and when scheduled
• Learns the hotels fire and safety procedures and the operation of the kitchen fire fighting equipment
• Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift
• Ensures that refrigerators, walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section, and in general are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards
• High School or Culinary School
• Haccp certified level 3/Person in charge Certification.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a cdp within the UAE.
• First aid/fire trained.
• Personal achievement’s competition experience.
• Minimum 2 years between Job Relocations.
• Past experience relative to the outlet-High volume-restaurant.