Director of Human Resources - Talent
Full job details
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Manages the Talent Acquisition (TA) and Learning and Development (L&D) efforts of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai including the full life cycle of recruiting, and drives the attraction, development and retention of diverse high caliber talent. Partners with the General Manager, Executive Leadership Committee and Director of Human Resources to gain alignment on talent and learning strategies as well as managing the execution of those strategies. Understands the business needs and builds talent and learning solutions and processes to drive performance aligned with the overall JW Marriott brand and business strategy.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and verifies all TA and L&D activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Executes against objectives outlined in the Human Resources Business Plan and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Responsible for the training, task-lists and development of the TA and L&D teams. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience in handling and managing high-volume recruitment operations.
- Training course facilitation and design.
- Hospitality/hotel experience desirable
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pro-active and reliable
- Time Management
- Multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills (MS Office, social media tools)
Education or Certification
- High school dip loma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manages the full life cycle of the recruitment and selection process for the property ensuring the Global Recruitment System (GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent.
- Uses creative and non-traditional talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify top talent, while ensuring compliance with internal recruiting systems.
- Creates and orchestrates recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Establish framework and processes for internal and external talent identification streams (i.e. Relationship recruiting, J1 Visa Program).
- Coordinate with property and market leadership and local Human Resources Leaders to align external recruiting efforts to address identified gaps/risks in succession plans / talent pipelines and active management vacancies.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Assists with staffing decisions related to managing the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with Director of Human Resources, the Executive Leadership Committee and hiring managers) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring managers on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Verifies managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
- Manages the advertisement of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Verifies interviews are conducted according to recommended guidelines and consistent screening criteria is used.
- Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
- Partners with the Director of Human Resources for succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Supports the assessment of the property leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
- Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
- Accountable for associate onboarding processes, from offer acceptance to arrival on property.
Learning and Development
- Leads the design and development of the property’s Orientation program to drive successful integration of management and hourly employees into the organization that supports a strong culture and brand strategy activation, taking an active part in the facilitation of the program.
- Drives hotel in compliance of all Marriott statutory classroom and e-Learning courses.
- Serves as on-property expert of the Marriott e-Learning platform, ‘MyLearning’.
- Leads, facilitates and supports all Marriott and JW Marriott on-property training programs, including but limited to Essential Skills for Managers and Supervisors, LEAD, JW Symphony of Service and TOPPs.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Accountable for driving and encouraging managers to hold and document Personal Development Plan discussions will all associates.
- Coaches managers to enhance own performance and to improve the performance of employees.
- Identifies specific training to improve service performance.
- Works with leadership team to determine development needs of managers and associates, and executing activities based on these discussions.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Conducts brand immersions as part of On-Boarding for new HR professionals.
- Responsible for financial metrics related to TA and L&D, including annual Business Plan, monthly forecasting and budgeting
- Development of analytics, and metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of TA and L&D – communication of these to management.
- Assisting with Human Resources Operations where needed, including but not limited to Employee Relations meetings and Exit Interviews.
- Leads the development, training and task assignments of the TA and L&D leaders.
- Compliance and adherence to all hotel job aids, Marriott SOPs and UAE law and regulations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.