Assistant Director of Loss Prevention
Full job details
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Supports managing the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; no experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Assists in identifying ways to continually improve departmental performance.
• Complies with policies on proper investigative procedures for loss of property assets.
• Maintains proper documentation of property patrols.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Reports any procedure violations to the appropriate management.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Assisting in Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Assists in establishing guidelines and training so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Communicates critical information to Loss Prevention officers based on knowledge gained at pre- and post-convention meetings.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Helps employees and guests obtain necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in the management of claims by ensuring proper procedures are followed and documented.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Reports all employee accidents and guest liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service in a timely manner.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
• Certifies security staff in first aid and CPR.
• Trains security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Trains staff on proper patrol procedures.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.