United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Housekeeping, Housekeeping Attendant
Laundry Manager Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont Dubai Employee Status : Regular Laundry Manager
To manage the hotel laundry and valet operations effectively and efficiently ensuring excellent laundry/Dry-cleaning services and sufficient supply of clean, high quality hotel linen and uniforms . To train all supervisory and laundry /valet colleagues according to the standards and to consistently deliver excellent service ensuring that product and service standards are adhered by the team. Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service. Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Principle Accountabilities:
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the Customer with full cooperation when requiring assistance, ensuring a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- To strive and anticipate the customers needs whenever possible to enhance quality service, and in turn enhance customer satisfaction.
- To give full cooperation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner. To be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to the business and customer needs.
- To maintain regular and effective communication with the Team. Also, attend Hotel Meetings when required.
- To ensure quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional way to ensure consistent delivery of the product service standards.
- To recruit colleagues, scheduling and planning of departmental rosters, departmental orientation for colleagues and training schedules.
- To assist in creating an environment which promotes colleague’s morale that encourages employees to have pride in their department and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency.
- To conduct appraisals for colleagues at least every six months, identifying developmental needs from colleagues appraisals ensuring maximum support received.
- To address development needs identified from appraisal and to maximize areas of strength. To assist in the delivery of Fairmont products and Departmental Service Standards.
- To positively promote laundry sales awareness with the Department and maximize the departmental revenue.
- To help control operating costs within the standards under the direction of the Executive housekeeper.
- To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the workplace with regards to equipment and assets and follow through with engineering to ensure no defects and zero percent breakdown..
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health and safety. Licensing and employment. Check that members of your Department are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance to them.
- Ensure smooth efficient and economic running of the laundry department
- Check and approve the staff scheduling as prepared by the Laundry Supervisor and schedules vacation considering the business needs.
- Maintain staff records and prepare pay roll in a timely manner
- Work closely with Engineering Department to ensure that pre preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance are done as per schedule and all equipment's including laundry trucks are in proper working order to save the lost time due to breakdowns
- Ensure that the wash processes are followed as per the set standard formulas in line with the time, temperature and dosing of chemicals.
- Does the monthly reports on the basis of actual wash loads and compares the P&L for the department
- Over see the entire laundry, dry cleaning, uniforms, linen, and valet operations and ensure that they are processed according to the schedule.
- Ensure the timely delivery of linen to the hotel for a smooth operation of all user departments.
- Train all supervisory and laundry /valet colleagues according to the standards to consistently deliver excellent service by providing clean high quality linen ,uniforms and guest garments ensuring that product and service standards are adhered by the team .
- To conduct interviews, hiring, orienting and disciplining employees in liaison with the Executive Housekeeper and Human Resources Department.
- Prepare and update job descriptions for each laundry job category and update LSOP for Laundry.
- Assist EHK in preparing the Annual budget for the department.
- Conducts inspections and corrective measures of equipment's and all area under control.
- Controls the movement of linen in order to maintain established pars with proper records.
- Assist in and keeps records of linen inventories, par stocks, Linen stocks and monthly discards and informs EHK about the trends and discrepancies to take corrective steps.
- Controls, asses and re evaluate the work load and work habit of all laundry staff on an on going basis ensuring that high performance and maximum efficiency is achieved and maintained.
- Search the market for new equipment, ideas that might help to reduce cost and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Supervises and controls the Lost and Found from the hotel linen.
- Ensure the training and cross training of all laundry colleagues to improve the skills.
- Conduct and record regular meetings with the laundry team to facilitate flow of communication.
- Prepares requisition for supplies, chemicals and forward to EHK for approval.
- Ensures that highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the laundry and periodic cleaning tasks are established carried out.
- Ensure that all the laundry employees follow hygiene and maintain high standard of hotel grooming policy
- Sets up and maintain an ongoing training program for all job functions.
- Meets with guests to handle complaints and requests related to laundry operations.
- Maintain goodwill, sense of fairness and an open door policy towards employees.
- Conduct test washes of linen and uniform to determine the fabric quality and its durability with our laundry processes, prior to purchase and advise EHK on its results.
- Creates positive guest experience by evaluation of LQA & Fairmont Standards Audits and CES.
- Possesses knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Attends weekly housekeeping/other departmental meetings
- Observes all Hotel regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sets a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership and guest relations.
- Role model a service culture through standards and warm, personal service to our guests
- Maintain strong relationships with other hotel departments and with machinery and chemical suppliers
- Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in CES, Health and Safety, Code of Ethics, Colleagues Engagement Survey, Occupational Health and Safety, LQA Audit, JD Power and Fairmont President Club Meetings and initiatives.
- To use discretion and tact when dealing with guest enquiries, problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel and/or its reputation.
- To partner with management and security during times of alarm or hotel safety
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To share their knowledge, contacts and lead all of our colleagues with empathy. All things positive and negative will be handled in a discussion/conversational manner.
- Attend to all guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all guest complaints are dealt with promptly in order to maintain guest satisfaction and the protection of the hotel’s interest.
- Make regular rounds of the Hotel to ensure our five star standards are in place with respect to the hotel linen and uniform and its maintenance.
- Perform any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience in a high volume laundry
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Diploma in Hotel management / Textile an asset.
- Previous International multicultural experience essential.
- Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence
- Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of laundry machineries , machinery programming , fabric contents, recommended process of fabrics, laundry chemistry, water quality, safe handling of washroom chemicals, laundry procedures, laundry troubleshooting and computer experience like Fidelio, Word, Excel, and Windows XP.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : Ongoing Job Number: DBI02132