Inside Golf Spcialist (On Call)
Inside Golf Specialist
As a golf ambassador you are responsible for delivering exceptional golf services and consistently striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and members.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Golf, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Providing a memorable and engaging experience for all members and guests
- Ensuring that the Golf Shop, all work areas, the club storage area, and all equipment are organized, cleaned and maintained to a high standard, and all equipment is in good, safe working condition
- Ensuring Golf Corporate Surveys are provided to and completed by guests
- Ensuring the arrival/departure area is staffed, kept cleaned, stocked to par levels
- are staffed, set-up according to contract/BEO and executed
- Following department policies, procedures and service standards as well as health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1 years experience working in a hospitality/golf retail environment with specific experience in golf event management and tee time management
- Golf ability is an asset
- Valid driver's licence
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, teamwork, observation and problem solving skills
- Must be alert, accountable, reliable and flexible
- Able to work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced multi-cultural environment
- Able to work cohesively with colleagues as part of a team
- Able to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work while unsupervised
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stretching
- Able to tolerate prolonged exposure to prevailing weather conditions
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or hold a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Casual Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 21.Oct.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01393