Team Leader, Sports & Leisure - Jumeirah Al Naseem - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
Jumeirah Al Naseem will have 430 luxurious rooms and suites, complete with walk-in rain showers, floor-to-ceiling windows and private outdoor terraces. The hotel is set among lush, landscaped gardens and offers three large swimming pools, as well as private beach access. Two banqueting rooms, each measuring 75 square metres, will complement the existing conference and events facilities at Madinat Jumeirah.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Leader to join the Sports & Leisure team at the Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main purpose of this role is to oversee beach, pool area and beach tent hire request, ensuring highest safety standards while maximizing usage and guest satisfaction.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Organize the Resort areas and to ensure maximum usage of beach tent.
- Ensure the highest safety standards and regulations are in place and being followed at all times.
- Ensure beach & pool equipment are kept clean and tidy at all times and being properly maintained.
- Report any major maintenance requirements immediately to Beach Coordinator / Asst. Sports & Leisure Manager and ensure routine work orders are carried out.
- Ensure the beach & pool attendant provides a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- Demonstrates & provides immaculate service standards when dealing with the guest as per Jumeirah standards, setting the right example to beach & pool attendants.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of other department and Resort facilities.
- Prepare colleagues duty rotas for beach & pool attendants, ensuring that adequate coverage is maintained during the opening hours.
- Conduct daily briefings when/if the Beach Coordinator is unavailable.
- Be vigilant with appraisals & ensure, as an appraising manager, all beach attendants assigned are completed punctually and efficiently.
- Ensure that all guests adhere to the safety regulations.
- Ensure that all colleagues receive a regular in-house training pertinent to their duties.
- Carry out reasonable duties as instructed by Asst. Sports & Leisure Manager or Senior Management.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least one year of working experience in a similar role in a luxury five star hotel environment.
You will have excellent written and spoken English. Your experience in handling guests requests, and exceeding their expectations would be regarded as essessntial. Accustomed to handling customer complaints of varying severity. Computer knowledge, i.e. well versed with windows, internet explorer and word.