Disc Jockey - Pride of America
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Target Assignment: Norwegian Cruise Line US-flagged vessel the Pride of America
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director the Disc Jockey is responsible for the musical entertainment in the nightclub of all guests and assisting with bar promotions in the nightclub onboard the ship.
- Assists in leading any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, insuring that each event takes place promptly as scheduled.
- Responsible for setting the appropriate atmosphere through the use of pre-recorded music for any assigned activities, with specific responsibilities in the nightclub.
- Maintain, store, and keep accurate/updated inventory of all musical CDs and supplies provided by NCL/NCLA.
- Each Disc Jockey must have the ability to serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies.
- Each Disc Jockey must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other Cruise Staff members, as well as with all other shipboard departments.
- Assist with private parties and functions.
- Assist with any guest requests.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of two years experience as a disc jockey in various entertainment venues is required.
- Minimum of two years experience serving as a Master of Ceremonies is required.
- Basic to Intermediate ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Minimum of one year basic experience with mixing old and current music and the ability to mix for dancing is required.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.