Automation Technician - Pride of America
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Target Assignment: Norwegian Cruise Line US-flagged vessel the Pride of America
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYEMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Automation Technician is responsible for the movement of all automated stage equipment, rigging and safety devices, and safety of personnel on stage.
- Operate the Stage Automation control system in a safe and effective manner. Manages the system during rehearsals, shows, set up etc. to ensure maximum safety for all involved.
- Directs all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Manages the inspection of scenic installations after changeovers with Technical Supervisor to ensure that all props and equipment are secure and safe.
- Assists Electronics Engineer Junior Entertainment with preventive maintenance and cleaning on all automation equipment, rigging & scenery with the help of the Technical staff. Assist other technicians as and when required.
- Maintains up to date auditable records of all shows and changes. Must provide detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager. Inspect and keep updated Auditable records as per SEMS in regard to safety harness and lanyards.
- Pyrotechnic Lead
- Keep all records of on-board and offloaded product.
- Order all products for the next voyage.
- Manifest off all of the previous week’s pyro storage containers, misfires, and unfired devices.
- Test and Fire all shows in the manner as they were designed by the production team.
- Partner with the Bridge and Security to provide a safe and secure environment in which to operate the show.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of technical theatrical productions, and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of back stage environment and operation.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of various automation systems including (but not limited to), Nomad, Acrobat, Visual Stage control systems
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of Audio, Lighting systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of safe stage rigging practices.
- Associates Degree in Technical Theatre program or a related discipline
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.