Assistant Personnel Manager - Mandarin Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Personnel Manager (APM) supports the Personnel Manager in the daily administrative operation of the Personnel Office. This includes maintaining accurate and current records in MAPS and Fidelio for all active crew onboard, using MAPS as the primary business tool and system of record. The APM assumes the responsibilities of the Personnel Manager in his/her absence. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Coordinates with the Personnel Manager in the check-in/sign-on process and sign off process for all officers, staff and crew (i.e., preparing documents such as I-95s for joining crew, port papers for all ports of call, I-408 and Customs declaration forms for disembarking crew as required by CBP regulations).
- Manages the issuance of crew ID cards/cabin keys and name tags in compliance with established SOP and security requirements and policies.
- Ensures all joining crew receive a copy of the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and the shipboard Rules & Regulations.
- Enforces the use of MAPS as the primary business tool and system of record, ensuring appropriate/required crew documents are filed, and evaluations and warnings are made part of the MAPS record.
- Gathers, organizes and forwards all documentation related to the crewmember’s completed contract to Fleet Personnel on a weekly basis.
- Assists Personnel Manager with Immigration inspection in all ports.
- Provides Payroll Accountant with a copy of the signed contract for all joiners.
- Knows, understands and is compliant with the process and documentation requirements for Non Resident Alien Crew (NRAC) program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Verbal and written fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months prior experience as an Administrative Assistant is required.
- Six months prior experience in HR administrative functions preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following computer programs is required: MAPS, Fidelio, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Must know and understand CBP rules and regulations as they relate to crew.
- Must be familiar with visa regulations and requirements in various ports of call.
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a positive and service-oriented attitude and approach.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.