Guest Service Representative - Mandarin Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for providing a variety of services and giving accurate, consistent information to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a pleasant and accommodating personality. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for answering the emergency telephone line and taking appropriate, immediate action as necessary.
- Handles guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with the Guest Recovery program and empowered to utilize as needed.
- Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
- Takes care of lost and found items and related documentation.
- Records significant guest related issues in the daily logbook for shared knowledge and follow-up.
- Functions as shift leader if Guest Service Supervisor is not on duty.
- Responsible for training of new staff and ensuring everybody operates in an effective and efficient manner.
- Answering internal and external telephone calls through the switchboard, taking messages and forwarding them on to the appropriate person.
- Makes public address announcements as needed.
- Can be given the responsibility for special duties such as Lost & Found, Office Supplies, and Post Cards.
- Can perform administrative duties in the capacity of assistant to the Concierge that includes manning the Concierge Lounge hospitality desk, following through on regular suite requests, making reservations, contacting guests, etc.
- Can perform administrative duties to assist in ship’s clearance, BAGS program etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution.
- Must have at least six months experience in a similar role for a Hotel/Hospitality establishment or in a Guest Service related position on board ships.
- Advanced verbal and written fluency in Mandarin is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written skills in English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
- All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.