Guest Service Associate-Pride of America-Japanese Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for providing a variety of services and giving accurate, consistent information to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a pleasant and accommodating personality. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for answering the emergency telephone line and taking appropriate, immediate action.
- Handle guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with the Guest Recovery program and empowered to utilize as needed.
- Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
- Takes care of lost and found items and the related documentation.
- Records significant guest-related issues in the daily logbook for shared knowledge and follow-up.
- Answers internal and external telephone calls through the switchboard, taking messages and forwarding them on to the appropriate person.
- Makes public address announcements as needed.
- Assigned special duties such as Lost & Found, Office Supplies, and Post Cards.
- Can perform administrative duties in the capacity of assistant to the Concierge that includes manning the executive lounge hospitality desk, following through on regular suite requests, making reservations, contacting guests, etc.
- Can perform administrative duties to assist in ship’s clearance, BAGS program etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC).
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution is required.
- Must have at least six months experience in a similar role for a Hotel/Hospitality establishment or in a Guest Service related position on board ships.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and written skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Advanced verbal and written skills in Japanese.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate the following physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8).
If the applicant has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or higher, or if the verifying medical practitioner doubts the applicants ability to successfully perform any of the following functions, a suitable practical demonstration is required for those functions. The verifying medical practitioner, in consultation with any other qualified practitioners he/she deems appropriate, determines whether a practical demonstration is necessary, and whether the applicant is physically competent or not physically competent.
- Is able to maintain a sense of balance without disturbance while walking and standing
- Is able to climb up and down vertical ladders and stairways
- Is able to step over a door sill or coaming up to 24 inches in height
- Is able to move through a restricted opening of 24 inches by 24 inches
- Is able to open and close watertight doors that weigh up to 55 pounds. Must be able to move hands/arms in vertical and horizontal directions, rotate wrists and reach above shoulder height to turn handles
- Is able to lift at least a 40 pound load off the ground, and to carry, push or pull the same load
- Is able to grasp and manipulate common tools such as wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers
- Is able to crouch, kneel and crawl
- Is able to distinguish differences in texture and temperature by feel
- Is able to intermittently stand on feet for up to four hours with minimal rest periods
- Is able to react to visual alarms and instructions
- Is able to react to audible alarms and instructions
- Is capable of normal conversation
- Is able to pull an uncharged 1.5 inch diameter, 50’ fire hose with nozzle to full extension, and to lift a charged 1.5 inch diameter fire hose to firefighting position
- Is physically able to put on a Personal Flotation Devise (PFD) without assistance from another individual
- Has no physical limitations that would hinder or prevent the performance of duties
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.