Assistant Financial Accountant - Mandarin Language
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 49-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Financial Accountant assists the Financial Accountant, and performs all duties as directed by the Financial Accountant and Chief Financial Accountant. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Manage the Onboard Credit Desk during service hours and at embarkation, as required.
- Collect guest credit card registrations and handle changes in credit cards and/or method of payment.
- Accept, verify and record guest cash deposits, where applicable.
- Batch postings to guest accounts (i.e., service charges, miscellaneous revenue postings) as directed.
- Perform nightly close day procedures in all systems after balancing on a daily basis.
- Credit card processing, including obtaining manual authorizations.
- Update Daily Revenue Summary and distribute to applicable ship management and/or shoreside operations.
- Monitor guest accounts with cash deposits and declined credit card authorizations, (closing accounts with no method of payment).
- Perform verification of system account checks and transfer of balances as per company policies.
- Audit all promotional charges, ensuring compliance to company policy.
- Balance all revenue areas on a daily/nightly basis.
- Report generation, back up and reset of the POS on a nightly basis.
- Manning of Foreign Exchange desk and operation of Foreign Exchange system on appropriate vessels. Daily balancing of Foreign Exchange float.
- Directly or indirectly manage issues regarding guest disputes, queries and statement copies.
- Prepare system account checks for ship’s management approval. Ensure appropriate signature/approval received for all checks to be included in the voyage documentation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or other certification. Relevant shipboard experience and a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience may substitute for the educational requirements at an equivalent rate.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in accounting preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language are required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE