Embarkation/Clearance Officer-Mandarin Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Embarkation/Clearance Office has overall responsibility for embarkation/disembarkation and its process, electronic Notice of Arrival/Departure (e-NOA/D) and other pre-arrival/departure electronic submissions, non-U.S. guest documentation, proper completion of all entry papers and ship clearances for each port of call, including the processing and clearance of guests with Immigration and Customs, and accurately maintaining the guest manifest in Fidelio. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for all Immigration, Customs and visa matters, the embarkation and disembarkation process, ship certificates, and documentation that relate to port clearances.
- Primary liaison between the ship and local port agents for the Captain and passenger related matters. Coordinates the disembarkation and embarkation setups and procedures with ship and ground staff, as well as the clearance of the vessel with local authorities in each port of call. Ensures the vessel is in compliance with all legal passenger citizenship/visa documentation and that the company’s “Zero Tolerance Policy” is maintained.
- Responsible for importing the voyage download file from Freestyle Connect into Fidelio according to the established SOP. This position is also responsible to create and maintain all associated reports regarding passenger and crew reporting and movement.
- Ensures the passenger manifest in Fidelio is kept updated and accurate at all times, reflecting stateroom changes, guests boarding mid-voyage, etc.
- Prints and supplies manifests as per policy for the pier embarkation staff.
- Responsible for sending the passenger/crew e-NOA/D file to U.S. CBP and U.S. Coast Guard, upon sailing or entry as required, and in accordance with U.S. government and international regulations.
- Directly responsible for organizing, processing, and the software used in facilitating the onboard airline check-in program used by the company world-wide.
- Responsible for properly manifesting items to be offloaded from the vessel; AMS (Customs 1302) sent to the Customs Broker 48 hours prior to a U.S. arrival port.
- Handles arising problems and is responsible for resolving related guest complaints.
- Handles airline ticket change requests for air/sea guests as needed.
- Informs respective department heads of all guests embarking and disembarking during the voyage and reconciles the guest & crew movement report.
- Ensures guest and ship documentation is kept secure and the embarkation pier is checked that no documentation and ship articles are left behind.
- Advises the bridge when embarkation is completed and that all guests/ship personnel are cleared from the embarkation area before sailing.
- Reports to Revenue Mgt. and Accounting after the port of embarkation of no-shows/cancellations.
- Distributes passenger manifests to the Bridge and department heads after sailing from the port of embarkation as needed.
- Informs and coordinates clearance procedures for in-transit guests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management from a recognized hotel institution is required.
- Minimum two years experience in hotel/hospitality establishments or in related Purser positions on board ships.
- Written and verbal fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese Chinese.
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise).
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.