Concierge Assistant - Mandarin Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
The Concierge Assistant provides assistance and service to all guests in Concierge-Class accommodations (The Haven, Villas, Suites, and Penthouses) and to Recommended VIP guests. This position is responsible for intake, immediate follow-up and resolution of assigned guest requests or needs. The incumbent will also support the butlers in order to ensure that maintenance/work orders are completed in a timely manner. Acts as a liaison with other departments to support the timely resolution guest issues. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Provides daily updates to all Department Heads regarding the VIP list.
- Print and verify all guest key cards for Concierge-class accommodations.Prepare Welcome collateral according to company brand standards.
- Maintains daily office hours in order to answer and expedite guest requests and inquiries in person and by telephone.
- Provide assistance to all identified VIP guests during embarkation, disembarkation and tendering, as assigned.
- Supports the Butlers by following up on identified maintenance, technical issues, creating work orders etc. Liaises with other departments such as Housekeeping and Technical Departments to ensure timely follow up and repair.
- Researches and communicates all of the ship’s daily activities and facilities’ information to guests, which also includes
- Facilitates guest requests such as Restaurant & Entertainment Reservations, Shore Excursion bookings, In-Suite Spa treatments where available etc.
- Research and advise crew members and management regarding ports of call, including information about the facilities available in the terminal areas specifically with ADA and/or elderly guests in mind or those travelling with children.
- Prepares invitations for the Captain’s Cocktail Party plus other printed communications, as directed by the Concierge.
- In coordination with the Captain, Hotel Director and Concierge, prepares the Captain’s table invitations and follows up on the RSVPs.
- Maintains and regularly checks items including, but not limited to, DVDs, Movie Binders, CDs, binoculars, and other equipment.
- Prepares personalized stationary and envelopes to Garden Villa & Owners’ Suite guests upon request.Provides sufficient ‘Compliments Cards’ to Butlers & Bell-Box according to policy.
- Coordinates invitations for VIP guests for a Bridge Tour (if permissible).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Fluency (read, write, speak) in Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Two years of experience in handling guest requests and concerns, with an understanding of how to expedite VIP guest wishes.
- Two years of experience in front-office related positions for hotels, onboard ships, or relative establishments.
- Basic knowledge of Fidelio and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.