Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai is on Sheikh Zayed Road, facing Dubai International Financial Center and close to the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center. The hotel is 22 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and directly accessible to the Emirates Towers Metro Station.
The 65 storey tower offers 398 modern and spacious rooms and suites, with views of Dubai overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road, Zabeel Palace and Jumeirah Beach from 26th till 61st floor. The hotel's four restaurants and café serve a variety of cuisines from International to Arabic specialties.
Other facilities include the Club Lounge, Business Center, Health Club and Spa. The infinity swimming pool gives views of Jumeirah Beach and the Arabian Sea.
Key Job Responsibilities
As a Housekeeping Supervisor you are responsible for supervising the daily operation as well as the Housekeeping Attendants to ensure standards are followed and cleanliness in all related areas is maintained.
- Prepare and delegate daily tasks to Housekeeping Attendants and provide team with necessary resources such as keys and supplies to ensure efficient service on the floor
- Handle Guest requests and complaints with care and follow up effectively to enhance Guest satisfaction
- Inspect Guest rooms to ensure cleanliness and compliance to the Leading Quality Assurance standards of the Hotel
- Monitor room status i.e VIP/DND etc and effectively communicate room status and release rooms to the Front Office Department to maintain an efficient operation
- Report damaged items in the room and broken equipment to the Engineering Department as well as any lost and found items by following the set procedures
- Order Housekeeping supplies on time and ensure inventory procedures are followed to maintain sufficient stock levels for the operational demands
- Evaluate Housekeeping Attendant performance throughout the year and provide effective feedback when needed. Report any performance issues to the Executive Housekeeper
- Train Housekeeping Attendants on Standards of Performance (SOPs) to maintain the desired level of performance
- Previous supervisory and training/teaching experience is an asset
- Must have strong leadership skills, able to motivate and lead employees to achieve the department’s vision and measurable goals
- Must possess the ability to make informed decisions through organizing, planning & taking ownership to assigned responsibilities
- Must have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously