Food Safety & Hygiene Officer
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai is on Sheikh Zayed Road, facing Dubai International Financial Center and close to the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center. The hotel is 22 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and directly accessible to the Emirates Towers Metro Station.
The 65 storey tower offers 398 modern and spacious rooms and suites, with views of Dubai overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road, Zabeel Palace and Jumeirah Beach from 26 th till 61 st floor. The hotel's four restaurants and café serve a variety of cuisines from International to Arabic specialties.
Other facilities include the Club Lounge, Business Center, Health Club and Spa. The infinity swimming pool gives views of Jumeirah Beach and the Arabian Sea.
Key Job Responsibilities
Implement and monitor programs and processes necessary to ensure the Hotel remains in compliance with all federal and local sanitation, food safety, health & safety, and environmental requirements. Drive and coordinate the implementation of HACCP programs and ensure continuous improvement in the hotel performance in consultation with relevant authorities.
- Develop HACCP manuals and review it on quarterly basis
- Develop and implement effective programs for protecting the environment and for maintaining, enhancing, and fostering a “zero incident” safety culture in the Hotel
- Lead or participate in various types of HACCP compliance and/or management system audits and provide guidance on conformance and corrective actions required
- Establish audit requirements to ensure compliance in Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Environmental regulations. Oversees all audit results, evaluates trends, communicates results, and establishes action plans to ensure Hotel remains in compliance with Corporate and regulatory requirements
- Participate in accident investigation and document root cause. Communicate results and set corrective actions required to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assessing Hotel’s Colleagues training needs, develop training materials and conduct training programs as necessary
- Ensure that the colleagues are trained on the basic health and safety awareness training identified for their departmental operations
- Ensure that the suppliers/contractors are complying with the HACCP local standards through audits and communications
- Develop and oversee HACCP Hotel budget, identifying requirements by analysing the risk assessment register, site inspection reports, audits and Hotel’s targets
- Conduct & regularly review risk assessment for all areas in the Hotel, implement site specific control measures to minimize hazards
- College / university degree graduate preferably in Health / Hygiene / Quality management.
- Previous Hotel experience of minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the Middle East
- Food safety qualification on a higher level (Leve 4 Food Safety)
- Familiar with Dubai Municipality regulations in line with HACCP Standards
- You should be a computer literate with effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage