Learning & Development Manager
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth. We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Doha is centrally located in Al Sadd, the commercial district of Doha and just 25 minutes away from Hamad International Airport. The 5 star hotel has 232 guest rooms and suites offering spacious accommodation and comfort. Facilities include an executive floor and lounge, ballroom and 5 meetings rooms equipped with the latest technologies. The excellent dining options include an international restaurant, a new Asian concept, delicatessen, terrace cafe, lobby lounge and 24 hour room service, while the recreational facilities include a spa and well equipped gym.
Key Job ResponsibilitiesAs a Learning & Development Manager you are responsible for managing the hotel’s training function in order to promote the desired work culture. The role involves developing and conducting training courses as well as facilitating training workshops based on operational requirements and will include key responsibilities such as:
- Assess current and future training and development needs for the hotel, deliver a variety of professional quality training and development programs and evaluate the effectiveness of training delivery by managers and supervisors
- Conduct an ‘Colleague Development Needs’ analysis and prepare an Annual Learning and Development Plan and budget accordingly
- Provide professional internal consulting and conduct off job training sessions as necessary that creates measurable performance solutions and long-term growth and development for all colleagues.
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in the field of training either worked as a coordinator or an assistant or currently a manager in a five star or four star hotel.
- Must have expertise in instructional methods and training techniques including needs analysis, learning theory, group and individual training techniques, as well as training evaluation.
- Degree in the field of Training or Human Resources is a plus.