Full job details
As a Carpenter/Painter would be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the civil, interior design, furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) cosmetic appearances for the hotel facility. Examples would include stone and ceramic finishes, glazing, wood finishes, painted surfaces, vinyl wall coverings, and carpet. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Duty Engineer.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Carpenter/Painter, you will be responsible for maintaining the building and facilities, build required items, and maintain carpentry tools to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Carpenter will also be required to prepare preventative maintenance schedules and perform inspections. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensures all work follows safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Ensures environmentally friendly practices are followed when handling solvents and finishing agents
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintains and repairs all civil, interior design, and FF&E finishes
- Ensures the optimum condition and appearance all civil, interior design, and FF&E finishes by following the preventive maintenance program
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment and area usage
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; as well as any other activities
- Maintain Civil/ID Works’ shop drawings
- Maintain FF E catalog and finishes/colour directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Duty Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer/Chief Engineer
- Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
A Carpenter/Painter serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Knowledge of carpentry & painting and building maintenance
- A trade qualification (proof of qualification may be required) as a Carpenter
- Relevant technical certification
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently or without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Progressive experience of at least 2 years as a Carpenter. Painter
- Minimum one five star hotel opening in the UAE
- Proficient in all manner of repair, maintenance and refurbishment for civil, interior design and FF&E