Full job details
A Bartender with Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah is to serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely and manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As a Bartender, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks.
- Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks suing standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control. Check guests for proper identification. Detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained. Demonstrate knowledge of liquor laws.
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and
personnel guests, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Securing consistent and convincing services and adherence to all the service standards and Hilton policies
• Ongoing promotion of additional sales
• Guarantee a cost conscious method of working
• Participation in internal meetings and training courses
• Care of guests in accordance with the standards from the time they enter the outlet to the time they leave it
• Conscientious and correct implementation of the supervisors’ directives
• Active promotion of in house sales by optimal knowledge of all the services provided by the hotel and the opening times and promotions of all F&B outlets.
• Take over from the previous shift and obtain information at the start of the shift on all relevant information on the volume of business, VIP guests, tasks to be clarified and to be completed and special events or pass this on to the next shift.
• Is responsible for ensuring mis-en-place work and making sure that the workplace is left clean.
• Secure handling of the micros cash system. Drawing up bills at the end of the working day. Correct booking and, if appropriate, cashing up of all services provided. Booking of all transactions.
• Safe handling of all the technical equipment to be usedWhat benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations