Receiving ClerkThe Receiving clerk is responsible for accepting delivery of goods on behalf of the hotel. This involves ensuring that all shipments are verified against purchase order specifications and standards. To be performing any additional duties assigned by the Purchasing Manager / Chief Accountant.
Hotel Overview:Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Receive Goods and verify these goods against the purchase orders by taking into account the Quantity and Quality of the received products as well as expiry date.
- Inspect the physical condition and count or measure the Quality and weight of all items at the time they are received and before they are placed in storage.
- In case of over/short supply, wrong pricing etc
- Receiving clerk should must complete Credit note or manually adjust the invoice before giving invoice copy to suppliers.
- Complete a daily Receiving report for F&B items and for General items and submit to accounts payable.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving coy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (Open or partial).
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only.
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries.
- Ensure all invoices are also signed with name from related department heads/ Leaders upon direct delivery.
- Receiving clerk should keep record all the FOC items received and copy should send to Cost controller.
- Ensure FMC Receiving report must attached with each invoice.
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items and must follow the Hygiene standards.
- Work together closely with Store / Account payable / purchasing department in order to have a smooth operation.
- Assist in all daily, weekly, month-end, or quarterly inventories as needed.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by cost controller / Chief accountant.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 24.Nov.2016, 5:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00140