Handyman /Maintenance Person
To keep all building fabric, fittings and equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Shift Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer.
Hotel Overview:Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following :
- Repairs to hotel FF&E, including finishes.
- General building works, interior and exterior, as required.
- Maintain highest standards for the maintenance and safe operation of issued tools and equipment.
- Attend to planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- Submit to Assistant Director of Engineering daily job cards.
- Other duties as directed by the Assistant Director of Engineering as required.
- To assist the shift engineers as and when required to fulfil their duties.
- To attend to the general cleaning and neatness of the workshop.
- To ensure that all areas are kept clean and neat after any work has been completed.
- Previous experience required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 09.Nov.2016, 5:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00030