Assistant Marketing Manager
Assistant Marketing ManagerThe Assistant Marketing Manager is responsible for working closely with the Cluster Director of Communications in reaching the targeted goals of the Hotel as defined in the marketing plan. The Assistant Marketing Manager will also assist, manage and lead the Public Relations Function of the Hotel through the development and implementation of successful strategies which are market focused, supportive of marketing plans and in line with both Company and Hotel Mission and Vision. This role would ideally be responsible for maintaining a link between the Hotel and the press within the local community
Hotel Overview:L ocated on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Communications, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and actions a realistic and approved annual Public Relations Marketing Plans that represents our entire product. Maintains a current and accurate photo library.
- Attends relevant functions, events or receptions with a view to positively promoting our properties’ events or products.
- Prepares monthly and ad-hoc reports on the effectiveness of Public Relations/Marketing.
- Liaises with Fairmont DRO and carries out Public Relations/Marketing activities as requested by Fairmont.
- Ensure that all projects, expenses etc. are in accordance with the budget, which shall be submitted and approved in advance of the commitment.
- Copy write and proof reads all English copy, for all marketing material and collateral final approval required by the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing
- Continually develops and maintains a stock of accurate, informative and creative ad-hoc press kits.
- Assists in procurement of sponsors for events and activities.
- Attends the daily morning briefing.
- Carries out other additional duties from time to time as delegated by the hotel management.
- Plans and executes sales calls independently to media houses and established networks. A minimum of 6 calls per week are required.
- Hosts customer focus groups to promote new and existing products.
- Actively entertain key individual potential clients and media.
- To monitor advertising and provide feedback to agencies on positioning and appearance.
- To bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- To co-ordinates mailings as stated in the marketing plan.
- To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
- To review daily, weekly or periodical press publications for either positive or negative articles written about the Hotel or the Company and take all necessary forms of action to develop positive responses.
- To communicate any special events related to business or staff achievements in order to maintain a pro-active image of the hotel within local and international press and other forms of media.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Marketing Executive or an Assistant Manager in well-known hospitality chain.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and other relevant computer applications required (design, video editor, photo editor, etc.)
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Arabic speaker would be an added advantage .
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 22.Nov.2016, 5:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00126