Sales Manager, Corporate
Full job details
Sales Manager, Corporate
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Solicit group, transient and/or banquet business through action plan preparation and execution
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
- Work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Sales experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com www.ask-ali.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Closing Date : 31.Oct.2016, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01221