Full job details
Fostering the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues is an integral part of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts culture. As Recreation Manager, your leadership and commitment to wellness will inspire your team to deliver exceptional service – and your guests and members to pursue their healthy living goals.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and lead the day to day operation of the Health Club and ensure all guests have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Create and organize guests members fitness programs and activities
- Establish professional business relationships with all vendors
- Generate monthly productivity reports and review expenditures to ensure they are in keeping within the departmental budgets
- Create promotional material and organize special events as required
Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all leaders and support staff
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a Health Club required
- CPR and First Aid certification required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Closing Date : 31.Oct.2016, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01211
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!