Full job details
Fairmont Gold Butler
Warm, engaging service that anticipates our guests’ needs is a hallmark of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts experience. We invite you to showcase your passion for guest service as a Butler, where your exemplary standard of care and personal attention will make our guests feel not only comfortable, but also valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates the Fairmont’s ServicePlus Standards in all interactions
- Welcomes and assists guests’ according to FHR Brand Standards
- Is an ambassador of Fairmont Bab Al Bahr by providing memorable guest experiences
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide warm, anticipative service to exceed the needs and expectations of our discerning guests
- Coordinates with Fairmont Gold Concierge with regards to arrivals and departures
- Provides food and beverage service in the Fairmont Gold Lounge with the ability to handle plate, hand carried service
- Prepares bar beverages and liquor pouring according to the guidelines given
- Carries out general cleaning and inspecting of equipment in the Fairmont Gold pantry
- Warms rooms according to Fairmont’s housekeeping standards ensuring that all room features are properly functioning
- Reports guest complaints, requests and inquiries to a Supervisor or Manager
- Provides personalized guest service (luggage packing and unpacking, shoe polishing, laundry collecting and delivery, etc.)
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the Manager or Duty Manager
- Participates in the orientation, meeting, and training process of all colleagues assigned to Fairmont Gold
- Remains observant, notes preference, and responding accordingly to guest inquiries & requests
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Reports suspicious people, behavior, and vehicles to Hotel Security
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated verbal & written communication skills
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written) with a second or third language as an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, and able to work with little or no supervision
- Must have the ability to assess and make decisions based on strong, analytical, problem-solving skills
- Minimum of one year Hospitality experience preferred
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 20lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 31.Oct.2016, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01220
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!