Group, Conference, and Events Director
A Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Director is fully responsible for the development of the GCE Team and the design of the marketing and sales strategies it uses to increase revenue.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As Group, Conference, and Events (GCE)Director, you are fully responsible for the development of the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Team and the design of the marketing and sales strategies it uses to increase revenue. The Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Director will promotes the services and facilities of the cluster Hotels to all customers and Guests and cross sell the other products within the Hilton Worldwide family of brands when appropriate. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Analyse competitors' activities and pricing strategies
- Maximise occupancy and average rates through well-executed inventory and yield management control
- Identify the most profitable services that the hotel can deliver with quality and most profitably
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Manage and develop the GCE Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
A GCE Director serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate, verbal and in written form, effectively with Management and Ownership groups
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with customers, investment owners and business partners
- Ability to perform critical analysis
- Strong experience in hospitality forecasting, pricing and inventory control
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
- Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution