A Duty Manager works closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel lobby.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
A Duty Manager, you will works closely with Guests to greet, converse, and assist with enquiries, especially when VIP Guests, long-stay Guests, and others are in the hotel lobby. A Duty Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Occupy the hotel lobby and other public areas, particularly at busy times
- Engage Guests in conversation and provide general assistance
- Manage, record, and resolve promptly all Guest complaints
- Meet and greet VIP Guests and major corporate clients upon arrival
- Coordinate the services and special facilities provided to long-stay Guests
- Understand all credit procedures and ensure they are applied
- Stay current with all hotel products, services, policies and emergency procedures
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise
- Conduct any Health and Safety procedures, if required, including fire walks, food safety investigations, etc.
Duty Managers serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail sector
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety and security procedures
- Calm, efficient and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Possesss strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability in a tight market sector
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results in a similar sized property
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous role as a senior supervisor or Duty Manager in a similar quality hotel
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- An in-depth knowledge of the hotel, leisure or service sector