Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows
- Processes advance deposits on reservations
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate
- Monitors advances deposit requirements
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees
- Walk around with the client and ensuring that they secure whatever services they are in need of
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons
- Making arrangements for clients travel programs
- To be aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures
- Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system.
- Reservation agents might have to deal with confused or irate customers
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the
- Must be c ustomer focused