Sous Chef - Cold Kitchen
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies for the kitchen that are aligned with the company’s overall mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies.
- Implement strategies for the kitchen that support achievement of the hotel’s goals.
- Monitor status regularly and adjust strategies as appropriate.
- Create an environment for employees that is aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees.
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to managers and employees.
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees.
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience.
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement.
- Create luxury for the senses by managing the food preparation for a fine dining experience.
- Seek out sources of fresh food; monitor all produce and meat for freshness.
- Suggest daily specials that incorporate seasonal or special order ingredients.
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
- Ensure that unused food is stored properly in order to minimize waste and maximize quality.
- Coordinate service with restaurant and banquet operations.
- Manage the daily operation of the kitchen.
- Coordinate the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all supplies with the purchasing manager.
- Ensure that proper sanitation practices are followed.
- Recruit and select staff.
- Schedule staff based upon forecasted volumes.
- Prepare reports summarizing food and beverage profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Keep current with local competition; adjusts menu periodically to create a “point of difference” in the marketplace.
- A flair with ingredients
- An ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts
- Strong leadership skills
- First rate culinary skills