Demi Chef De Partie - Hot Kitchen
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Control food stock and food cost in his section
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Preparation and cooking of food
- Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
- Maintaining Health & Safety standards
- Providing customer service to staff and customers
- Previous kitchen experience within hospitality
- Relevant Basic Food Hygiene
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to meet hygiene standards
- Be self-motivated and able to work under your own initiati ve