Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To work on a particular section as required.
- To assist other sections if yours is quiet.
- To be responsible for cleaning materials required on that section.
- To ensure that cleaning is of the highest standard and that standard is maintained.
- To ensure storing of cleaned equipment is safe and orderly.
- To ensure that cleaning procedure, as set down in the manual, is adhered to.
- To use only the correct cleaning materials in the correct manner and always using the correct safety equipment when using chemicals.
- To ensure that the over-usage of cleaning materials is kept to a minimum.
- To ensure that cleaning of equipment is done in correct cleaning areas.
- To be capable of working with the minimum of supervision.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To observe all Health & Safety and Fire prevention procedures at all times.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that the proper use of all equipment is in accordance with specifications.
- To be aware of, and adhere to, the various laws relating to food handling, storage, preparation, cooking and service.
- To be personally familiar with the procedure relating to evacuation in the event of fire.
- To ensure that all energy is conserved, i.e. unnecessary lights are switched off, unnecessary equipment is switched off and unnecessary running of hot and cold water is minimised
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- Assist the Duty Manager in any tasks outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.