Chef De Partie - Sushi
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for specialty restaurant.
- Supervises specialty restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the specialty restaurant
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the specialty restaurant.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Estimates daily specialty restaurant production needs.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays
- Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Knows and implements company safety standards.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- High school diploma in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major is preferable
- 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Must be able to multi task and work under pressure