Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Waiters and waitresses must be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Professional and friendly. (Even in tough situations)
- Team player.
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.
- Quick thinking.
- Ability to lift heavy trays filled with glassware/food.
- Basic math skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Great guests and make them feel comfortable.
- Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests.
- Take beverage and food orders.
- Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner.
- Check-in with guests to ensure that everything is going well.
- Clear dirty dishes from table.
- Refill beverages throughout the meal.
- Deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant.
- Work with other servers and be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, present menus, make food recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Special talent for learning menu items and describing them appropriately to patrons
- Highly skilled in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
- Adept at preparing and serving specialty foods at patrons’ tables
- Hands-on experience in setting tables and placing decorations
- Familiar with different kinds of food and beverages
- Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff, provide orders to customers, collect cash, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
- Competent at accepting credit card payments
- First hand experience with point of sale system and cash registers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to detail
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Effective team-player with awesome attention to detail
- Exceptionally professional demeanor and very respectful attitude
- Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards