Executive Lounge Attendant
Full job details
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To be fully responsible for the smooth and efficient arrival and departure of all Executive Level and VIP guests. To proactively ensure these guests’ needs are met and exceeded at all times. To make full use of Espresso and OPERA profiles to ensure that VIP, Executive Level and Suite guests’ special requirements are met, acknowledged and exceeded. To maintain the “mini-hotel” concept.SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE Candidate Profile
Preferred experience in F&B and or Hotel Operations
Skills and Knowledge
communication skills handling VIP guests
attention to details
basic computer skills.Essential Functions
- Ensure all relevant SOP’s are adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all times.
- To be a champion of GSS key drivers: “Staff anticipated guest needs” and “problem was resolved on first contact”.
- To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GSS as possible, without going against the GSS SOP.
- To assure all guest comments are noted down/analyzed and acted on.
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- To have knowledge of hotel/restaurant promotions/opening hours/services offered.
- To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
- Reporting for duty on time and based on the daily schedule.
- Picking up all food items for breakfast/afternoon cocktail/midnight snack from the kitchen.
- Performing the set up for breakfast/cocktail hours/midnight snack.
- Monitoring and recording of guests who enter and utilize the Lounge.
- Assisting the guest at their tables and offering them drinks.
- Sale of drinks and food outside of the cocktail hours to maximize departmental revenue.
- Taking good care of the guest and being sure to maintain the cleanliness of their table.
- Staff responsibilities include washing of cutleries, glasses and plates/cups.
- Responsible for breaking down of the buffets in the cold kitchen area.
- Pick up all the drinks and food request from the storerooms/kitchens.
- Conducting side duties: cleaning the kitchen, refilling sugar bowls and polishing all the silver ware etc.
- It is the responsibility of the PM shift should set up the table for breakfast.
- Surrender the keys for the executive lounge at the security.
- Have full knowledge of all VIPs arrivals. Maintain a close working relationship with Guest Relations and Front Office.
- Maintaining “clean as you go policy”.
- Updating guest data in “Opera”.
- Develop, build and utilize concierge/business centre knowledge.
- Marinating communication with the rest of the staff.
- Follow hotel standard and adhering to all Marriott policies.
- Adhere to all hygiene standards whilst completing necessary forms and returning them to designated departments.
- To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel’s facilities.
- Provide all guests with prompt and courteous service assuring complete guest satisfaction and guest retention.
- Collecting as much useful information about the guests, related to their preferences as well as previous issues and adhering to the proper log in procedures.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a manager.
- Report any technical deficiencies to the concerned department and immediate manager and follow through with assignment.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge).
- Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates through the use of handovers, logbook, daily packet and other tools.
- To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are resolved and addressed in an appropriate manner.
- To oversee all business facilities and ensure that equipment is maintained in the Executive Lounge meeting room.
- To assist Guests with general enquiries, arrange bookings, ticket reconfirmation and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the Daily Packet arrival experience details.
- Handle all stationary inventory accurately and maintain supplies at a proper level.
- Ensure white board is kept updated in the Executive Lounge and back office areas are kept clean.
- Proactively offer Executive Level Services/up sell.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.