A Boiler Operator is responsible for designing, building, installing, servicing machinery, components, and tools to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Boiler Operator, you are responsible for designing, building, installing, and servicing machinery, components, and tools to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Boiler Operator will also be required to develop and test machinery and ensure that inspections meet company standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot machinery and equipment by applying knowledge of mechanical engineering technology
- Devise, fabricate and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and any recommendations
- Design, build, install and service mechanical machinery, components and tools
- Ensure quality inspections are carried out in line with company standards
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Boiler operators must perform routine maintenance on the equipment and systems in a facility as part of their job.
- They will use hand or power tools when performing tasks like replacing defective valves, filters, or steam gauges on a heating system.
- Corrosive deposits can damage a boiler system, so operators test the boiler water and balance it with chemicals, if needed.
- Keeping safety at the forefront, boiler operators will watch the system during operation and attend to any additional problems.
- Once all is in working order, they will record their service data in logs
A Boiler Operator serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Accredited Bolier engineering qualification
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Previous experience in a similar role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on their own