Fleet Executive Chef
Come join our team!
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is searching for a Fleet Executive Chef. The Fleet Executive Chef is a corporate extension of the Culinary Operations. Assists with the culinary operation and development of all shipboard Food and Beverage team members, ensuring service standards are met, adherence to corporate policies and procedures, and standard operating procedures. Ensures that quality and costs are achieved and maintained within the targets established by the company. Financial/auditing reporting responsibilities to the Regional VP Hotel Operation with dotted line to Corporate Executive Chef Training and Operation. Provides general assistance to the Corporate Executive Chef’s. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Liaises with and assists the Sanitation supervisor in developing and implementing effective USPH training programs for galley operation, manuals and procedures for all food production personnel.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active culinary team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Liaises with provision master regarding availability, specifications, standard item lists and delivery logistics
- Maintains constant communication with the Corporate Executive Chef Training & Operations shore side and Regional VP Hotel Operation in regards to maintaining standards, evaluation of product utilization, preservation, yield control and preparation.
- Conducts sampling and testing of currently used and new recipe.
- Liaises with Executive chef and Provision Master in regards to shipboard inventory levels, stock rotation and inter-ship transfers of stock overages when required.
- Oversee and assist with scheduling of onboard Provision Master same as scheduling of Executive Chefs.
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable of the goals of the company and department and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals.
- Communicate the goals of the company and department and the action plans to the crew members.
- Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team oriented atmosphere.
- Ensure that all departments within F&B are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
- Complete daily walk-through of the culinary operation including provisions with the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that all galley areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SMS and safety and environmental regulations.
- Always be available on the floor to assist crew and Guests
- Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
- Properly plan and prepare for events and cruises.
- Assist with developing and maintaining par stocks for food product and equipment.
- Monitor and audit food items delivered to the vessels that are in compliance with Company specifications.
- Monitor slow moving item reports to ensure that discontinued items are not being reordered.
- Conducts Trip reports and discuss with senior F&B Management onboard before leaving the Vessel
- Relief Executive Chefs in case of emergencies or Business needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel, casino or resort is required.
- Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with the following skills and cuisines is required:
- Modern contemporary plated presentations
- Classic European cuisines
- Classic American cuisines
- Asian cuisines
- Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with busy banquet operations and presentations; modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations; and implementing new food concepts and menus are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in culinary arts or foreign equivalency and/or 10 years’ experience as an Executive Chef. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Certificate of completion from a recognized educational culinary institution is required.
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.