Concierge - Mandarin Language
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China. https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Concierge is directly responsible for all guests in Concierge-Class accommodations (The Haven, Villas, Suites, Penthouses) plus Recommended VIP guests. He/she is to answer inquiries and expedite requests in a gracious and professional manner. Focus in this position is placed on personalized, individual and professional service. Wherever possible, guests in Concierge-Class accommodations should be kept out of wait lines. Attention to detail is paramount. The Butlers are part of the Concierge Team. The Concierge must liaise closely with the Guest Services Manager, Hotel Director and all Department Heads to ensure all aspects of the Concierge & Butler duties are met. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the Butler Services being performed to the company standards
- Must ensure the Butlers are well versed on expected guest requests; conducts regular briefings to maintain open communication within the Concierge Team.
- Prepares, distributes and maintains the VIP list on a cruise-by-cruise basis, including daily updates as needed, to All Department Heads.
- Prepares Welcome collateral and monitors any additional collateral being delivered to Concierge-class rooms. Offers business card to guests so they always have the Concierge contact number to hand.
- Expedites embarkation, disembarkation and tendering for all identified VIP guests.
- Responsible for quality control of VIP Lounge in embarkation terminal including but not limited to maintenance and repair of furniture, F&B set up, check-in staff etc.
- Maintains Concierge Lounge and office hours on a daily basis for answering and expediting guest requests and inquiries. Visits guests if they have not been in touch
- Manages a Guest Service Associate who will assist the Concierge on a part-time basis on Dawn-class & Jewel-class vessels.
- Manages a full-time Concierge Assistant on Norwegian Epic
- Coordinates with a Shore Excursion Specialist (as determined by Shore Excursion Department) to provide tour information and arrange personalized charters etc for VIP guests
- Ensures his/her visibility in public areas including but not limited to Restaurants, Show Lounges, Gangway, etc.
- Monitors the established Butler Training Program, ensures timely attendance, and that prospective Butlers are carefully screened, assessed and trained prior to application for the Ready List.
- Supports the Butlers in follow up for identified maintenance, technical issues, etc., to ensure they have all the tools they need to deliver 5-star service. Liaises with other departments such as Housekeeping and Technical Departments to ensure timely follow up and repair.
- Ensures the amenity and stateroom deliveries are expedited in coordination with the Butlers & Stateroom Stewards or relative staff involved. Provides sufficient ‘Compliments Cards’ to Butlers & Room Service according to policy, and spot checks amenity deliveries for correct presentation.
- Facilitates guest requests such as Restaurant Reservations, Shore Excursion bookings, In-Suite Spa treatments where available etc.
- Must have knowledge of kid-friendly features of the ship such as the Kids/Teen Club, video arcade, rock-climbing wall, bowling alley etc. as applicable.
- Actively encouraged to explore ports of call. Must be familiar with the facilities available in the terminal areas specifically with ADA and/or elderly guests in mind or those travelling with children.
- Sends invitations for, and hosts, the Captain’s Cocktail Party. Attends the Latitudes party and other social events as assigned by department heads.
- In coordination with the Captain and Hotel Director, prepares the Captain’s table invitations and follows up on the RSVPs. An area is arranged for invited guests and officers to meet for cocktails prior to dinner where the Concierge is to greet, socialize, and act as an escort.
- Responsible for inventory of items including but not limited to DVDs, Movie Binders, CDs, binoculars etc.
- Offers personalized stationary and envelopes to Villa & Owners’ Suite guests.
- Arranges invitations and escorts the VIPs for a Bridge Tour (if permissible
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution is required.
- Minimum one year experience in handling guest requests and concerns, with an understanding of how to expedite VIP guest wishes.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written ability in English.
- Intermediate verbal and written ability in at least one of the following languages is preferred: Mandarin, Spanish, German, French or Italian.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer software skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio and Micros).
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.