Recreation Staff - Mandarin or Cantonese Speakers
Come join our team!
Job Title: Recreation Staff - Mandarin or Cantonese Speaker
Department: Cruise Programs
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Recreation Staff will conduct and oversee the operation of any of the following onboard recreational areas: Aqua Park, Bungee, Bowling, Rock Climbing or Sports Courts. They need to ensure a safe and efficient operation and have the ability to deal with adults and children alike. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the corresponding recreation venue. Report any incidents to the Assistant Cruise Director immediately.
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe in recreation venues. Understand the use of any personal protective equipment related to the position and use it accordingly.
- Host events or tournaments relative to their position for up to 100 guests.
- Responsible for all equipment used to perform the role. Keep records of equipment use to comply with safety standards. Report to the Assistant Cruise Director on a daily basis any equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Ensure waivers are signed before guests participate in any organized event on the corresponding recreation venue.
- Place orders for needed equipment through the Assistant Cruise Director in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Certification Program in an athletic/recreational discipline from a recognized educational institution is preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience in a hotel, resort or similar in a customer service position, preferably working with adults and children is required. Having coached or instructed organized sporting events before would be preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; other languages are preferred.
- This opening is specific for Mandarin or Cantonese language skills. Must have fluency in written and verbal skills in one of these dialects.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.