Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
The luxury 5 star Bab Al Qasr offers a truly unique Middle Eastern experience with authentic Arabic hospitality, with 677 rooms set on its own private beach in Abu Dhabi’s exclusive Corniche area, its iconic Arabesque architecture and sumptuous interiors are designed for discerning business and leisure travelers, looking for a taste of modern Arabia. With its breath taking lobby, superb views and world class facilities, Bab Al Qasr impresses on every level.
Key Job Responsibilities
As a Sommelier you are responsible for guest satisfaction, you should be specialized in all facets of wine service to provide compulsory training of the restaurant Employees moreover you have to work along with the culinary team for pairing and suggesting wine that will best complement each particular food menu item. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Create interesting and diverse wine list that corresponds to the cuisine and concept of the restaurant.
- Create special wine offers, wine dinners, and promotions to compel guest’s attention to the incredible wine experience.
- Work within the taste preference and budget parameters of the patrons.
- Train restaurant Employees for all necessary skills, knowledge and to develop the right attitude to wine culture.
- Refresh the knowledge and skills of Employees by help of different methods.
- Actively sell wines and guide the F&B service team on doing the same.
- Co-operate with all Outlets by carrying out F&B service when it deems necessary
- To be part of the F&B Service Team and be supportive and helpful if needed during the operation.
- Actively participate in Human Resources, Learning and Development initiatives that will help the Hotel to deliver higher levels of service to our guests and our compliance to good health and safety practices at the workplace.
- Diploma of the Wine School / WSET Level 2 or higher.
- Four years’ experience preferred in a fine-dining restaurant or related operational experience.
- Able to deal with guests and colleagues in a calm and professional manner in a busy environment.
- Flexibility, ability to make decisions and sound judgment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor gained through extensive interaction with the public, work under various circumstances
- Self-motivated, inter-personal and client handling skills, creative mind