Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
The luxury 5 star Bab Al Qasr offers a truly unique Middle Eastern experience with authentic Arabic hospitality, with 677 rooms set on its own private beach in Abu Dhabi’s exclusive Corniche area, its iconic Arabesque architecture and sumptuous interiors are designed for discerning business and leisure travelers, looking for a taste of modern Arabia. With its breath taking lobby, superb views and world class facilities, Bab Al Qasr impresses on every level.
Key Job Responsibilities
As a Captain you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menu of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice to guests
• Practice good customer relations and attend to customer complaints and queries satisfactorily
• Ensure the Outlet is set-up for service and supervise for a smooth operation
• Direct and supervise the service team to ensure that all duties are performed as per standards
• Ensure that all colleagues have received adequate training to perform their duties
• Ensure proper organization, planning and control of supplies and maintain concise record of all beverage stock in order to ensure that the required is available
• Ensure minimum wastage, breakage and spoilage
• Actively use up selling techniques by exceeding guest expectations and to increase revenue
•Knowledge of all Outlet Standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health and sanitation standards.
•Knowledge of food and beverages
•Displays proper and safe use of all equipment
•Knowledge of marketing plan, competition, promotional concepts, F&B costs and controls.
•Responds appropriately to guest needs during hours of operation
•Supervisory capabilities and the ability to train new staff