Stewarding Supervisor - (FB-SW-E-SS.6)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Supervises colleagues in the maintenance and sanitation of all Food & Beverage back-of-the house areas and ensures consistent supply of all operating equipment for the Food & Beverage Division in a manner consistent with the standards of the Hotel.
1. Implements quality standards in terms of quality of washing of china, glass and flatware.
2. Follows cyclical cleaning schedules for kitchen.
3. Supervises garbage disposal.
4. Ensures the usage of appropriate cleaning agents and process in steward operations.
5. Directs preparation of adequate equipment for projected F&B needs to ensure that clean and sanitized operating equipment.
6. Assists F&B colleagues in all their functions.
7. Assists the Chief Steward in the monitoring and updating of Records
8. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure the whole of the Stewarding department continually follows the same.
9. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
10. Provides feedback on performance of all Stewards for the Chief Steward for the purpose of performance evaluations; probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
11. Assists the Chief Steward to establish comprehensive training programmes for the department.
12. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
13. Personally conducts training for all Stewarding Colleagues as required.
14. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
15. Adheres to all HR and Hotel policies and procedures.
16. Continually strives to improve slef; knowledge and skills.
17. Assists the Chief Steward with periodic inventories to identify any variances to par stocks.
18. Assists the Chief Steward with the implementation and monitoring of breakage reduction programmes for all SOE’s.
19. Actively participates in energy saving and recyclign intiatives, and ensures all Stewarding colleagues follow the same.
20. Attends Food & Beverage meetings and daily briefings as required.
21. Conducts daily briefings for all Stewarding colleagues.
22. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Stewarding Department.
23. Ensures that the hotel FSMS Program is strictly implemented, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
24. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
25. To ensure self and all Stewarding colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
26. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Chief Steward.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of HACCP Systems and Requirements
Good Knowledge of Cleaning Systems
Basic Spoken and Written English
Good Knowledge of Inventory Systems
Good Knowledge of Deep Cleaning Systems
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 2-Years Experience as a Steward within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience as a Steward within 5-Star Hotels